Cattle production is one of the lucrative agribusinesses. Cattle are easy to rear and very profitable; they are good at converting cheap feed like grasses to meat within a short period. They are hardy livestock that barely have health issues especially when kept in a favorable condition. This is one of the important factors to be considered before delving into the business.
Knowledge is paramount and it is very important to the success of any business. There are basic things a cattle farmer should know as production commences. A good cattle farmer should know:
- The type of house to keep the cattle
- The type or system of feeding to adopt
- The heat period of cow to aid reproduction.
- The gestation period of cow.
- Care of pregnant cow.
- Signs of disease and infection in cattle.
- Care of a young calf and other management practices
All these are what a good cattle keeper should know and put to practice. This manual will equip you on this knowledge. This manual is comprehensive and well detailed.
WOULD YOU LOVE TO RECEIVE REGULAR POSTS FROM THIS BLOG?
DROP YOU EMAIL ADDRESS IN THE SUBSCRIPTION PANEL BELOW TO SUBSCRIBE!