Aquarium Water Cleaner Medicine is a product designed to help clean your aquarium water. It is easy to use and can be used every day. All you have to do is use it in your filter or with a powerhead.
Aquarium Water Cleaner Medicine works by breaking down organic material in your aquarium, including algae, decaying plant matter, and fish waste. This helps prevent the build-up of sludge on the bottom of your tank which can cause cloudy water and poor water quality. It also has a diatomaceous earth filter which helps keep your tank free from parasites that could harm your fish or other aquarium inhabitants.
Aquarium Water Cleaner Medicine can be used with any type of aquarium filtration system including bio wheels, hang-on back filters, under gravel filters (UGF), internal filters, or even with powerheads without affecting their functioning. One bottle of Aquarium Water Cleaner Medicine should last for up to six months if used daily at half strength (1 capful per 10 gallons).
Description of Aquarium Water Cleaner Medicine
Aquarium water cleaner medicine is a combination of chemicals that help in cleaning the water. It helps in removing organic and inorganic pollutants from the aquarium. Aquariums are usually made up of glass or plastic, and both contain materials that can be toxic to fish if left in the aquarium for long periods of time.
Aquarium water cleaner medicine works by removing these harmful substances such as ammonia and nitrates, which are produced when fish excrete waste material through their gills.
Its main functions include:
- Removing dissolved organics like nitrate, phosphate, silicate, etc., at levels between 0ppm -10ppm (parts per million).
- Effectively removes suspended solids from your aquariums so your filter can do its job more efficiently.
Types of Aquarium Water Cleaner Medicine
Aquarium water cleaner medicine comes in many forms. The most common types of aquarium water cleaner medicine are:
- UV sterilizer
- Activated carbon
- Water conditioner
- Water clarifier
- Algae control/remover/remedy (not all of these are mutually exclusive)
Specifications of Aquarium Water Cleaner Medicine
- Tank size:
- Water temperature:
- Water hardness:
- Water pH:
- Water chemistry:
- Type of fish (e.g., community, coldwater, tropical):
- Type of plants (e.g., live plants or artificial):
- Type of substrate (sand/gravel mix, bare bottom):
- Type of filter (internal canister or external filter):
- Type of light (full spectrum fluorescent tube or incandescent bulb)
Maintenance of Aquarium Water Cleaner Medicine
Aquarium Water Cleaner Medicine is a disposable product. It should be replaced every three months or when damaged. If you have any questions about the proper use of this product, please contact your pet store for assistance.
Price of Aquarium Water Cleaner Medicine
The price of an aquarium water cleaner medicine can vary from $10 to $100, depending on the brand and type of product, as well as whether it’s a one-time purchase or a subscription service. For example:
- A one-time purchase (such as a bottle of pills) may cost about $10-$15 per bottle, whereas a subscription service for monthly or quarterly deliveries can range from $35-$50/month or every 3 months.
- A one-time purchase may cost anywhere between $50-$100, whereas a subscription service will be between $125/$200 annually to maintain your fish tank without fail each year without any additional purchases needed during that time frame