Ava is a hypoallergenic pet food brand based in the United Kingdom. Ava is sold exclusively by Pets At Home, which was founded in 1991 in Chester and now has 440 stores, most of which are in the UK. Some of these stores used to be PetSmart UK stores. This brand was bought out by Pets At Home at the stores rebranded. This exclusivity means that Ava recipes are not available at online retailers like Amazon or Zooplus. However, Pets At Home does have its own online store where Ava recipes can be purchased. Pets at Home’s website offers a subscription-style service for Ava products, which gives consumers a discount if they commit to purchasing the products on a regular basis.
This is a growing trend among pet food sellers following the success of sites like Chewy. It is not clear where Ava or Pets At Home manufacturers its products. While we presume that the food is produced in the United Kingdom or Europe, we could find no clear evidence to support this. Ava claims that its formulas are veterinary approved; however, it’s not clear on what this is based upon. We could not find any information or explanation on this topic during our research.
Features of Ava Dog Food
- For large and giant breed growing puppies
- Large kibble size for larger breed puppies
- Higher levels of joint support for large and giant breed
- Balance of vitamins and minerals to encourage steady growth
- Naturally hypoallergenic
Chicken (44%) (Chicken Meal 24%, Fresh Chicken 12.5%, Chicken Fat 5%, Chicken Gravy 2.5%), Brown Rice (23.5%), Maize (18%), Beet Pulp (7%), Salmon Oil, Brewers Yeast, Minerals, Whole Dried Egg, Pre-Biotic Fructooligosaccharide (1600mg/Kg), Beta-Glucans, Pre-Biotic Mannanoligosaccharides (400mg/Kg), Yucca Extract (200mg/Kg), Glucosamine (200mg/Kg), Chondroitin (150mg/Kg), Yucca Extract (200mg/Kg), Cranberry Extract, Green Tea Extract, Pomegranate Extract, Rosemary Extract
- Veterinarians are the professionals best placed to assess the optimum nutritional requirements for any individual dog or cat and should strive to keep pet owners informed of the importance of optimum body condition for pet health and wellbeing.
- Veterinarians are ideally placed to provide sound dietary recommendations and these should be made in line with current scientific knowledge. Some disease conditions may be treated or alleviated by dietary management and this should be done under veterinary guidance.
- When formulating a nutritional program, deficiencies or excesses in calories, vitamins and minerals, and an awareness of potential toxicities of the many nutritional sources available, must be considered.
- Breed and species differences must be understood in the formulation of nutritional programs.
|3 x 3 x 3 cm; 12 Kilograms
|Item model number
|All Breed Sizes
|Pet Life Stage
|Number of Items
Prices of Ava Dog Food