Get rid of sedges and broad leaf weeds in your rice field with Basagran®, BASF’s proven solution for tough weed problems. Basagran® is a herbicide providing effective & reliable solutions for superior control of tough weeds. Basagran is a unique soluble herbicide formulation of Bentazon 480g/L. If you want safe, effective control over a range of broadleaf weeds, get Basagran herbicide.
- It is a contact herbicide with only localized translocation to exposed parts of the plants (i.e. leaves and their cells), therefore thorough coverage is critical.
- It interferes with photosynthesis of susceptible plants interrupting the use of carbon dioxide in the plant and therefore prohibiting the production of carbohydrates.
- The weed ultimately starves to death due to carbohydrate depletion.
- Safe on all field pea and dry bean crops.
Uses/benefits of Basagran Herbicide:
- Faster uptake and symptoms.
- Contact herbicide for the control of post-emergent weeds.
- Greater consistency in a wider range of weather conditions.
- Powerful formulation with selective action.
- Symptoms develop more quickly allowing cultivation intervals to be reduced.
- Basagran is compatible with other products such as Roundup, 2,4-DB amine etc.
How it works
Basagran® is PS II herbicide which are based on irreversible blockage of the photosynthetic electron transport thereby inhibiting photosynthesis & suppressing CO2 assimilation which stops the production of energy needed for plat growth. After a short period of growth stagnation the plant dies.
- Minimum spray volume is 100 L/ha. Use larger water volumes (up to 400 L/ha) for weeds at the upper limit of their recommended stage of treatment.
- Minimum spray pressure is 275 kPa. Use higher pressure (up to 425 kPa) for weeds at the upper limit of their recommended stage for treatment.
- Basagran has very little residual activity if any at all. It breaks down rapidly and therefore will not affect subsequent crops.
- Basagran can stay in the spray tank overnight however it must be mixed thoroughly before heading into the field the next day.
- Your spray timing is determined by the stage of the primary target weed.
- Rainfall within 6 to 8 hours of application may reduce effectiveness.
- For optimal results, use 8004 spray nozzles at 40 psi, with a minimum of 20 gallons per acre of spray solution.
- Spray on target weeds
- Not to be sprayed in windy conditions (above 10mph).
- Do not allow spray mist drift unto desirable vegetation (Applicator must follow the most restrictive use cautions to avoid drift hazards, including those found in the labeling).
- Use slightly alkaline water with buffer (ammonium sulfate) to dissolve.
- Spray actively growing weeds (In irrigated areas, it may be necessary to irrigate prior to treatment with Basagran to ensure that weeds are growing actively. Weeds growing under drought conditions usually are not satisfactorily controlled).
|Packaging Size||800 Ml|
|Country Of Origin||Made In India|
Prices of Basagran Herbicide
$54.54 – $156.99