The Black Bengal goat is a breed of goat found in throughout , West Bengal and Orissa regions of northeastern India .This breed is usually colored black but it is also found in brown, white or gray. The Black Bengal goat is small in size but its body structure is tight. Its horns are small and legs are short. An adult Buck goat weights about 25 to 30 kg and Doe 20 to 25 kg. It is poor in milk production. The Black Bengal goats gain maturity very fast. The female goat becomes pregnant twice a year and gives birth to 3–4 baby goats every time . This breed can adapt to any environment easily and its disease preventive ability is very high. It produces high-quality meat and skin.
Black Bengal goat farming is very popular, especially in Bangladesh and some parts of India. As the name suggests, the black Bengal goat is from Bangladesh and it’s among the very good meat goat breeds. Taste and quality of the meat of black Bengal goat are very good. That’s why the meat is very popular and expensive in both domestic and international market. Actually black Bengal goat farming is very popular in Bangladesh and some parts in India. And it is a very useful small livestock animal of Bangladesh.
Black Bengal goats are generally raised both in small scale and commercial scale and they are very suitable for stall fed goat farming system. Small scale black Bengal goat farming play a very important role and it’s a great income source for the poor people of Bangladesh. And commercial production of this goat can be a great business and income source for the unemployed educated people of Bangladesh. Meat of black Bengal goat is of very good quality and it has great demand and price in both domestic and international market.
So commercial black Bengal goat farming business can be a great source for the people for earning foreign currency. Not only for meat production, commercial black Bengal goat farming business can also be very good for producing very high quality milk and skin. Milk of the black Bengal goat is of very high quality and the skin also of very good quality. In a word, commercial black Bengal goat farming has a great potential and it can be a great income source for the people. If you are a beginner, then read more information about goat farming on our site and then start raising this goat for quality meat production.
- As goat is a small animal, its food demand is relatively low.
- They require less space for living than other livestock.
- The necessary capital and investment for starting goat farming business with this breed is very low and it is within the ability of general people.
- Diseases are relatively less than other domestic animal.
- Produce many goats in short time.
- The female goat became pregnant twice a year and give birth 2-3 baby goat each time.
- The meat, skin and milk of this goat has a huge demand in India, Nepal and abroad.
- The goat milk prevents tuberculosis and asthma. For this reason it has a great demand .Raising Black Bengal goat can be considered as an additional source of income for the landless farmer.
Black Bengal Goat Price