Callisto Xtra Herbicide delivers contact and residual control of the toughest broadleaf weeds. Powered by Callisto Plant Technology, Callisto Xtra is registered for use in field corn, field corn grown for silage, seed corn, sweet corn, sugarcane and yellow popcorn. Powered by mesotrione and an HPPD site of action, Callisto® controls annual broadleaf weeds in field corn, seed corn, yellow popcorn, sweet corn and other labeled crops. Callisto also delivers contact and residual control of broadleaf weeds, flexible application timing and excellent crop safety.
Callisto Herbicide is a powerful preemergence and postemergence herbicide. Contains mesotrione as its active ingredient, making it effective in controlling a broad spectrum of broadleaf weeds. It is ideal to use in crops such as perennial and annual ryegrass, oats, yellow popcorn, corn, bluegrass, sugarcane, okra, and tall fescue. Callisto Herbicide is a selective herbicide that provides excellent residual control of broadleaf weeds including pansy, henbit, Marestail, purslane, horseweed, curly dock, wild carrot, Carpetweeds, Pusley Florida, Silverleaf, and mallow. It may be tank mixed with preemergence or postemergence grass herbicides to provide control in corn. When applied to susceptible weeds, it will soon prevent the growth of the weeds after the application. Visible effects may be seen after two weeks since the application. Available in a gallon jug.
Features of Callisto Herbicide
- Pre-emergent broadleaf herbicide for use in wheat and barley
- Controls Group B, C, D, F & I resistant broadleaf weeds
- Active ingredient is MESOTRIONE
- Group H Herbicide
- Low use rates from 100-200mL/ha
- Long residual activity (up to 10 weeks)
- Excellent crop safety
- Short plant back of 9 months
Uses/benefits of Callisto Herbicide:
- Patented synergistic herbicidal combination of mesotrione and atrazine
- Two modes of action in a convenient premix
- Longest–lasting residual broadleaf weed control
- Powered by Callisto Plant Technology
- Residual broadleaf weed control
- Flexible application timing
- Controls tough broadleaf weeds while providing exceptional crop safety
Since Callisto® is a very active herbicide it is critical that application be made with a carefully calibrated sprayer. Also, because Callisto® is expensive, many of the applications are going to be spot applications with a backpack or hand-held sprayer. These sprayers must also be calibrated. Calibration of hand sprayers is determined by the walking speed of the applicator and the discharge rate from the nozzle along with the concentration of the material in the tank. Use great care in spot-treating. The difference between an 8-oz application and an 80-oz application is only seconds on the trigger. Spot treatments made to runoff will exceed the maximum application rate.
- Do not apply Callisto Herbicide to white popcorn or ornamental (Indian) corn.
- Do not cultivate corn within 7 days before or after a Callisto Herbicide application as weed control from the Callisto Herbicide application may be reduced.
- Do not apply this product through any type of irrigation system unless specified otherwise under the specific crop section on the label.
- Do not apply this product with suspension fertilizers as the carrier.
- Do not apply Callisto Herbicide postemergence in a tank mix with emulsifiable concentrate grass herbicides, unless specifically addressed under one of the tank mix sections of this label, or injury may occur.
- Do not use aerial applications to apply Callisto Herbicide unless specified otherwise under the specific crop section on the label.
Prices of Callisto Herbicide
$132.95 – $393.57