Carrot 1 kg on Supermart.ng. Carrot 1 kg is a root vegetable that is orange in colour. It is a plant based food that is rich in vitamins, minerals, and fiber. It is also a good source of antioxidants which help the body remove free radicals and unstable molecules that can cause cell damage if too many accumulate in the body. Free radicals result from natural processes and environmental pressures. The body can eliminate many free radicals naturally, but dietary antioxidants can help, especially when the oxidant load is high. Carrots have a sweet flavor and contain natural sugars so its suitable for people trying to avoid sugary snacks. It contains Vitamin C which contributes to collagen production.
Collagen is a key component of connective tissue and essential for wound healing and keeping the body healthy. Adding carrots to your diet may help to reduce the risk of developing age-related macular degeneration. Carrots are available online for sale in Nigeria at supermart.ng. Buy this on Supermart.ng. If you want to stay healthy, eat your vegetables. They are an essential part of a balanced diet. Vegetables contain various nutrients and vitamins. They are also rich in fibre which aid digestion as well as other body functions. Vegetables are low in calories and fat. If you are cooking a Nigerian dish, you will struggle to do without a number of key vegetables. Many of the soups we love also have local vegetables as their base. Mama was right when she said you should eat your greens – they certainly help keep you health
The carrot is a root vegetable that is often claimed to be the perfect health food. It is crunchy, tasty and highly nutritious. Carrots are a particularly good source of beta-carotene, fiber, vitamin K, potassium and antioxidants. The carrot is a root vegetable, usually orange in colour. The health benefits of carrots include reduced cholesterol, prevention from heart attacks, warding off of certain cancers, improving vision, and reducing the signs of premature aging. Furthermore, carrots have the ability to increase the health of your skin, boost the immune system, improve digestion, increase cardiovascular health, detoxify the body, and boost oral health in a variety of ways. They also provide a well-rounded influx of vitamins and minerals.
Carrots are one of the most widely used and enjoyed vegetables in the world, partly because they grow relatively easily, and are very versatile in a number of dishes and cultural cuisines. Carrots are scientifically classified as Daucus carota, and it is categorized as a root vegetable. It is typically orange in color, but purple, white, yellow, and red carrots are out there, just not as common. The taproot of the carrot is the part of the vegetable most commonly eaten, although the greens are still beneficial in salads and other forms.
Features of Carrot
- A popular sweet-tasting root vegetable, Carrots are narrow and cone shaped.
- They have thick, fleshy, deeply colored root, which grows underground, and feathery green leaves that emerge above the ground.
- While these greens are fresh tasting and slightly bitter, the carrot roots are crunchy textured with a sweet and minty aromatic taste.
- Fresho brings you the flavour and richness of the finest crispy and juicy carrots that are locally grown and the best of the region.
- Do not forget to check our delicious recipe –
Benefits of Carrot
- Carrots provide the highest content of vitamin A of all the vegetables.
- Brightly orange colored carrots have pigments like carotenoids and flavonoids, that provide several antioxidants and act as a defense against cancer.
- They aid in maintaining oral health and also decrease the risk of stroke and other heart diseases.
Storage and Uses
- Refrigerate carrots in a mesh bag. Alternatively to retain freshness and for more longevity, trim off the greens and put whole carrots in a container of water and refrigerate. With this method, they stay nice and crunchy.
|Chinese Fresh Carrot
Prices of Carrot