Cattle Identification Tags Cattle identification has both visual and management benefits. By identifying your cattle individually with cattle ear tags, you (and others) can more easily determine which cow is which. In addition, being able to track an animal’s history and performance helps you determine which ones are performing well. The continuous need for improvement in management and production practices is contributing to the increasingly popular use of electronic ID/RFID cattle tags in the cattle industry. EID tags are small “button-like” tags that are placed in the ear. Each EID tag has a unique 15-digit number printed on it, and the number can also be read by scanning the tag with an EID reader. These tags are designed to last for the life of the animal.
Cattle, sheep, goats, swine, and deer/elk must be identified by USDA approved official identification. Cattle, swine and deer/elk must be identified by official ear tag. Sheep and goats must be identified by official scrapie identification (see sheep and goat sections below). Llamas and alpacas can be identified by ear tag or microchip approved by the Department of Agriculture and Markets. A sketch or photograph signed and dated by an accredited veterinarian is also acceptable identification for llamas and alpacas. Misc. ruminants must be identified by Department of Agriculture and Markets approved identification. NOTE: A complete written description is sufficient identification for horses entering New York accompanied by a CVI. The description must match the EIA test record. Horse sketches and descriptions should reference color pattern, hair whorls, chestnuts, scars and other markings as necessary to uniquely identify the horse. Tattoos and microchips if any should be included. Bay, no markings is not an acceptable description for a CVI or EIA test record.
Uses/benefits of Cattle Identification Tags:
- It offers another form of identification for each animal. Sometimes visual tags get lost, become snagged on a fence, etc, whereas EID tags are small and are designed for high retention rates.
- An animal can more quickly be identified in the chute (by scanning the tag with a reader) rather than needing to have the animal be completely still to read a visual tag or tattoo number.
- Scanning EID tags, instead of manually writing down an ear tag number, offers tremendous time-saving benefits while minimizing errors. As cattle are being worked or loaded into a trailer, their EID tag can be scanned while they are on the move.
Features of Cattle Identification Tags:
- DURABLE MATERIAL- Ear tags are made of TPU material, which is durable and withstands extreme weather conditions.
- NUMBERED 001-100 TAGS- Ear tags are numbered 001-100, easy to manager your cattle /cows
- ANTI-FADE – The number on our ear tags for cattle is laser printing, which is designed for lifetime using to save your valuable time and money.
- WIDE APPLICATION – Livestock Identification Blank is great for use in calves, beef cattle, dairy cattle, goats, hogs, sheep, etc.
- 100% SATISFACTION – We always stand behind our products, feel free to contact us if you need any help with these hog ear tags.
|item name||Ear tag(In kind has Information)|
Prices of Cattle Identification Tags:
$14.90 – $26.00