Using poultry drinking water cups is one of the easiest and most affordable ways to set up a water drinking system for your chickens! Takes only minutes to connect to a plastic barrel, bucket or pvc water line. You will need plumbers tape to seal the threads, a drill, a 3/8″ inch drill bit. Drill the hole, wrap the threads, twist it into the hole until snug it’s just that simple.
The white ring you see in the photo is plumbers tape to help prevent leaks. When the water cup runs out of water the chickens can tap the yellow piece in the center and water will fill up the cup again. Using this method prevents water spillage into soiled bedding which is common around the more traditional poultry water containers. Water spills around the water fountain into dirty litter is one of the leading causes of coccidosis in chickens which can make your birds very sick and even kill them if left untreated.
Chicken water cups can be used to create an automatic waterer that keeps the water flowing all year round. Next, they help to conserve water. Every time a chicken bumps into a standard waterer the water gets spilled and wasted. If you are metered for water this can significantly increase the cost of your water bill
- Water flows automatically: no tabs to depress
- The cups are always half full (or half empty? you decide).
- Great for warm weather; hens will dip their wattles in the water to cool down
- Can be used for any type of fowl. Ducks and geese love these, too!
- Water stays cleaner than with a standard waterer.
- Use a 3/8″ drill bit to create holes, at least 1 inch above the base of the bucket.
- Place water bucket on an elevated platform such as bricks to keep the cups above ground level.
- Adjust height of cups to approximately the height of your birds’ backs for maximum comfort.
- No tabs or float valves to break!
- Use on buckets, rain barrels, PVC pipes, etc.
- Dimensions: 4″ x 3″ x 3″
- Perfect for gravity fed systems (attached directly to a bucket) or systems with a float valve or pressure regulator. 3 PSI is the maximum pressure for the cups to work properly.
|Product Dimensions||3 x 2.5 x 3 inches|
|Item Weight||1.87 ounces|
|Manufacturer||4 Front Inc.|
|Customer Reviews||3.8 out of 5 stars |
3.8 out of 5 stars
|Best Sellers Rank||#120,545 in Patio, Lawn & Garden |
#168 in Poultry Fountains & Waterers
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
$14.94 – $23.94