Fungicide for the control of Coffee Berry Disease (CBD) in coffee and fungal diseases in cereals and ornamentals. The built-in surfactant in DACONIL makes the active ingredient cover and stick to the leaves and berries for unsurpassed protection, even after heavy rain or watering. The surfactant prolongs the anti-fungal effect of Daconil up to 21 days when used at recommended rates.
Daconil Action may seem like magic, but the process of boosting the turf’s natural defenses is very real. What is different about Daconil Action? Daconil Action fungicide is a multi-site contact fungicide containing the most utilized active ingredient in turf: chlorothalonil, plus a “Turf Protein Booster” enhancing active ingredient Acibenzolar-S-methyl. Unlike traditional methods of disease control, this active ingredient is not a fungicide as it has no direct effect against pathogenic fungi and bacteria. Instead, it acts much like a vaccination.
When applied, Acibenzolar-S-methyl triggers the natural defense response, or the Systemic Acquired Resistance (SAR), of the turfgrass by activating production of pathogenesis-related proteins (PR proteins). The PR protein boost awakens the turf’s resistance to biotic and abiotic stresses like drought. In addition, this internal response within the plant enhances its own defense system against certain fungal and bacterial disease attacks. Thus, Acibenzolar-S-methyl bridges the gap between genetic resistance and conventional disease control by activating the plant’s own natural defenses.F
Features of Daconil Fungicide
- 3-Way Control: Controls/Stops and Prevents over 65 Diseases including Tomato Blight, Anthracnose, Fusarium Wilt, Mold, Powdery Mildew and more
- For use on vegetables, flowers, fruit & shade trees
- Rain-proof protection
- Garden Tech Diaconal Fungicide Concentrate 16oz It kills, stops, and prevents over 80 plant diseases
- For use on flowers, vegetables, shrubs, fruit, and shade trees to control Leaf Spots, Rust, Blights, Fruit Rot, Mildew, and many other diseases
- Made in United States
- Brand name: Daconil
Uses/benefits of Daconil Fungicide
- Does not wash off and sticks and stays where it is needed to control plant diseases.The built-in surfactant makes the active ingredient cover and stick to the leaves and berries for unsurpassed protection, even after heavy rain or watering.
- Stops spread of many fungal diseases and attacks the disease cells from multiple sites.
- The surfactant prolongs the anti-fungal effect of Daconil up to 21 days when used at recommended rates.
- The broad-spectrum contact control with a multi-site mode of action of the fungicide DACONIL minimizes the development of fungicide resistance when used alone, as a tank mix or in alternation programs.
- DACONIL mixes quickly and completely into suspension for up to six hours, which means consistent application from start to finish with less settling out and no clogging of spray nozzles.
- Provides the user with a wide range of control with a contact fungicide- 14 important turf diseases, including algae, dollar spot, leaf spot, melting out, brown patch, anthracnose, rust,and red thread – Over 60 ornamental diseases with proven safety on more than 80 ornamental crops.
- The quality of the formulation and product safety means DACONIL can be applied to more than 90 grass species and varieties at recommended label rates over a wide range of climatic conditions.
Mode of action
DACONIL as a contact fungicide exhibits a multi-site mode of action, attacking the disease pathogen at several biochemical sites.
Rates of application
Apply at 2 ltrs/ha in Vegetables
Apply at 2.2ltrs/ha in Coffee
- Shake well before using
- Mix in a hand-held, hose-end, or tank-type sprayer
- Wear a long-sleeved shirt and gloves when mixing and using
- Apply thoroughly on plant surfaces
- Apply when the air is calm
- Do not use on home lawns
- Do not use on turf sites
- Do not spray plants during extremely hot and sunny weather
- Do not apply to wilted plants
- Do not use on pets or where spray could drift near people
Protection from the stealthiest of plant pests.
Fungal disease can show up when least expected and turn a beautiful, productive garden into an unsightly mess. With Daconil® Fungicide Ready-to-Use, you can prevent fungal diseases before they happen, or strike back to stop and control active disease. The grab-and-go spray bottle makes it simple to treat your flowers, vegetables, fruits, shrubs and trees with rain-proof protection you can trust.
|Product Dimensions||8.5 x 4 x 2 inches|
|Item Weight||1.26 pounds|
|Manufacturer||CENTRAL Garden & Pet|
|Item model number||100523634|
|Customer Reviews||4.6 out of 5 stars 793 ratings|
4.6 out of 5 stars
|Best Sellers Rank||#85,012 in Patio, Lawn & Garden |
#81 in Insect & Pest Repellent Spray Concentrates
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
Prices of Daconil Fungicide
$20.98 – $79.99