Deworming with one of several anthelmintics (wormers) approved for use in cattle is an effective preventive practice. Consult your veterinarian concerning strategic worming; timing the deworming to be the most cost effective. Fenbendazole (Panacur) is available as a stable suspension or granules. It is effective against roundworms in the gut, larval forms in the tissues, and lungworms. Withdrawal time to slaughter is 8 days. Ivermectin (Ivomec) for cattle is an effective medication against the internal worm parasites including lungworms as well as cattle grubs and sucking lice. It is available in injectable or pour-on formulations. Withdrawal time to slaughter is 35 days.
Levamisole (Levisol, Tramisol) is available in boluses, a paste for oral administration, as a pour-on or an injectable form. Levamisole is effective against roundworms and lungworms. Withdrawal time is (orally) 2 days and (injected) 7 days. Morantel tartrate (Rumatel) comes in boluses or crumbles for oral use. It is effective against roundworms, and has a 14-day withdrawal time to slaughter. Thiabendazole (Omnizole, TBZ) for oral administration is available in paste, boluses, suspension, or crumbles. It is effective against roundworms. Thiabendazole is approved for use in lactating cows and has a 96-hour milk discard time. Withdrawal time to slaughter is 3 days.
Albendazole (Valbazen) is available in paste or suspension. It is effective against all intestinal worms including tapeworms, and lungworms as well as liver flukes. It has a 27-day withdrawal for slaughter. It should not be used in animals during the first 45 days of pregnancy. Oxfendazole (Synonthic) is a new wormer that is effective against intestinal parasites including tapeworms. This wormer has a unique delivery system in that the wormer is injected directly into the rumen. Oxfendazole is also available in the drench form. Fenbendazole, Ivermectin, Levamisole, Albendazole and Oxfendazole are not approved for use in dairy cattle or dairy heifers of breeding age.
Uses/Benefits of Deworming Medicine For Cows
- Effective dewormer trusted by cattle producers for more than 35 years.
- Enhances profitability by controlling damaging parasites.1,2
- When left untreated, parasites suppress appetite, reduce feed intake and negatively impact the animal’s immune system.3
- 100 percent Product Satisfaction Guarantee for IVOMEC products when all animals are treated with the product as directed on the label.
- IVOMEC comes in three formulations: IVOMEC (ivermectin topical solution) Pour-On, IVOMEC Plus (ivermectin and clorsulon) and IVOMEC (ivermectin) 1% Injection.
- Broad spectrum dewormer
- Pregnancy safe
- Additional benefits of copper & zinc
Features of Deworming Medicine For Cows
- Same active ingredient as LongRange® (eprinomectin) in a shorter-acting pour-on
- Convenient for processing cattle on arrival
- Nonflammable, weatherproof formula works even on long, wet hair coats
- No milk withholding or meat withdrawal
- Only product that controls both Psoroptes and Sarcoptes mange mites as well as lice and horn flies
- Safe for pregnant, lactating and dry cows; calves* and heifers; steers and bulls
- Routine deworming
- Round worm infestations
- Tape worm infestations
- External parasite problems
Dosage And Administration
5 mg / kg body weight orally (single dose)
OR As directed by the Veterinarian
100 ml Bottle
Prices of Deworming Medicine For Cows
$62.90 – $189.99