Keep in mind that ordering a DNA test through your veterinarian will most likely have added costs baked into the price, so it makes sense to test directly through the laboratory whenever possible. Be wary of prices from laboratories that appear “too low.” Sometimes that unrealistically-reduced price comes at the expense of the other important parts of testing listed at the top of this article. Remember, cost is important, but it’s not the only consideration when choosing a provider you can trust.
When it comes to your dog’s health and happiness, there’s so much more than meets the eye. That’s why Wisdom Health invented a state of the art genetic test that helps you learn more about your dog’s ancestry, physical traits, and predisposition towards important health conditions. It’s simple – just order your kit online, swab the inside of your dog’s mouth, and send it back to get your results through our website. We’ll connect the dots to help you care smarter—and love longer.
James Belzer was always interested in confirming his suspicions that 13-year-old Girl was a Husky/German Shepherd mix. So the Manhattan executive agreed, at the request of WebMD, to try three brands of dog breed DNA tests: Canine Heritage, DDC Veterinary, and Mars Veterinary’s other option, Wisdom Panel.
All of the dog DNA tests Belzer tried use a cheek swab sampling to compare DNA against a number of major breeds. These dog DNA test kits were created to identify dogs of mixed heritage. Purebred confirmation is available through other testing.
Features of Dog Dna Test
- DOG DNA BREED ANCESTRY TESTING KIT: With a simple cheek swab you can do at home, the Wisdom Panel test analyzes for more than 350 breeds, types, & varieties. Some customers may receive kits with older packaging that still refers to 250+ breeds; rest assured that your test will be automatically upgraded to the current 350+ breeds, types, and varieties analysis.
- THREE SIMPLE STEPS: Simply collect your dog’s DNA with a cheek swab, activate your kit online & send your kit to the lab with pre-paid shipping. You’ll receive our genetic analysis of your dog’s ancestry & breed identification in as little as 2 weeks.
- BENEFITS OF DNA ANALYSIS: Genetic testing can help you identify breeds & specific health issues that may be important to the wellbeing of your dog. Work with your veterinarian & use your results to develop training, nutrition & long-term healthcare plans.
- BEST IN SHOW: As the leading canine genetics company we’ve tested the DNA of more than 1. 5 million dogs & developed the largest & most comprehensive breed database in the world, with a sophisticated algorithm and a very strategically placed set of markers.
- DISCOVER MORE ABOUT YOUR DOG: DNA analysis unlocks a brand new world of DNA-based insights that may help you understand your dog’s unique appearance, behaviors, and wellness needs.
Uses/benefitas of Dog Dna Test
Breed detection for more than 350+ breeds, types and varieties.
– Potentially life-saving multidrug resistance (MDR1) screening.
– Predicted weight profile for nutrition guidance.
– Detailed breed information for each breed or group found.
– Breed percentages as well as three-generation family tree.
Prices of Dog Dna Test
$149.00 – $248.00