For beef cattle producers, stocker operators and feedlot operators, DRAXXIN®(tulathromycin injection)Injectable Solution is a ready-to-use sterile parenteral preparation containing tulathromycin, delivering efficacy for control and treatment of bovine respiratory disease (BRD) right from the start.
Containing 100 mg of Tulathromycin in each dose, DRAXXIN®antibiotic injection is indicated for treating the 5 major bacterial causes of swine and bovine respiratory disease (SRD / BRD) in addition to several other diseases making it the economical choice for farmers. In beef and non-lactating dairy cattle, the active ingredient Tulathromycin controls Infectious bovine keratoconjunctivitis, foot rot and bovine respiratory disease (BRD) associated with:
- Mannheimia haemolytica
- Pasteurella multocida
- Histophilus somni
- Mycoplasma bovis
DRAXXIN® is for the treatment and control of respiratory disease in beef and nonlactating dairy cattle at high risk of developing BRD associated withMannheimia (Pasteurella) haemolytica,Pasteurella multocida,Histophilus somniandMycoplasma bovis. For suckling calves, dairy calves and veal calves, DRAXXIN is approved for the treatment of BRD associated withM. haemolytica,P. multocida,H. somniandM. bovis. DRAXXIN is also for the treatment of infectious bovine keratoconjunctivitis (IBK) associated withMoraxella bovisand foot rot associated withFusobacterium necrophorumandPorphyromonas leviiin beef and nonlactating dairy cattle.
Features of Draxxin Antibiotic For Cattle
- Contains active ingredient Tulathromycin.
- Relatively short withdrawal period for both cattle and swine.
- Single dose provides upto 14 days of treatment/control forBovine Respiratory Disease
- Recommended dosage of Draxxin ® is 2.5 mg per kg (1.1 ml per 100 lbs).
- Injected subcutaneously into neck.
Specifications of Draxxin Antibiotic For Cattle
- Store at or below 25°C (77°F)
- Do not administer more than 10 ml SQ per injection site in cattle
- Do not administer more than 5 ml IM per injection site in swine.
- Not to be used in female dairy cattle 20 months of age or older.
- Not to be used in calves scheduled for veal processing.
Dosage And Administration
Inject subcutaneously as a single dose in the neck at a dosage of 2.5 mg/kg (1.1 mL/100 lb) body weight (BW). Do not inject more than 10 mL per injection site.
|Animal Weight (Pounds)||Dose Volume (mL)|
Prices of Draxxin Antibiotic For Cattle
$279.18 – $1,166.92