IVOMEC® (ivermectin) is an injectable parasiticide for cattle and swine. One low-volume dose effectively treats and controls the following internal and external parasites that may impair the health of cattle and swine: gastrointestinal roundworms (including inhibited Ostertagia ostertagi in cattle), lungworms, grubs, sucking lice, and mange mites of cattle; and gastrointestinal roundworms, lungworms, lice, and mange mites of swine. Discovered and developed by scientists from Merck Research Laboratories, ivermectin is a novel chemical entity. Its convenience, broad-spectrum efficacy, and safety margin make IVOMEC Injection a unique product for parasite control of cattle and swine.
Ivermectin is derived from the avermectins, a family of potent, broad-spectrum antiparasitic agents isolated from fermentation of Streptomyces avermitilis. IVOMEC Injection is a clear, ready-to-use, sterile solution containing 1% ivermectin, 40% glycerol formal, and propylene glycol, q.s. ad 100%. IVOMEC Injection is formulated to deliver the recommended dose level of 200 mcg ivermectin/kilogram of body weight in cattle when given subcutaneously at the rate of 1 mL/110 lb (50 kg). In Swine, IVOMEC Injection is formulated to deliver the recommended dose level of 300 mcg ivermectin/kilogram body weight when given subcutaneously in the neck at the rate of 1 mL per 75 lb (33 kg). The active ingredient in IVOMEC, ivermectin, is a member of the macrocyclic-lactone class of endectocide dewormers.
Features of Ivermectin Cattle Wormer
- Effective dewormer trusted by cattle producers for more than 35 years.
- Enhances profitability by controlling damaging parasites.,2
- When left untreated, parasites suppress appetite, reduce feed intake and negatively impact the animal’s immune system.
- 100 percent Product Satisfaction Guarantee for IVOMEC products when all animals are treated with the product as directed on the label.
- IVOMEC comes in three formulations: IVOMEC (ivermectin topical solution) Pour-On, IVOMEC Plus (ivermectin and clorsulon) and IVOMEC (ivermectin) 1% Injection.
Uses/benefits of Ivermectin Cattle Wormer
1) Excellent mange and lice control
- It offers up to 56 days of control of biting and sucking lice.4
2) Broad-spectrum control
- It reliably controls 33 species and stages of internal and external parasites including lice and
mange sucking lice.5
3) Improves cattle performance
- When left untreated, parasites suppress appetite, reduce feed intake and negatively impact
the animal’s immune system. Using IVOMEC brand products can enhance your profitability by
controlling these damaging parasites).
Mode Of Action
Ivermectin is a member of the macrocyclic lactone class of endectocides which have a unique mode of action. Compounds of the class bind selectively and with high affinity to glutamate-gated chloride ion channels which occur in invertebrate nerve and muscle cells. This leads to an increase in the permeability of the cell membrane to chloride ions with hyperpolarization of the nerve or muscle cell, resulting in paralysis and death of the parasite. Compounds of this class may also interact with other ligand-gated chloride channels, such as those gated by the neurotransmitter gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA).
The margin of safety for compounds of this class is attributable to the fact that mammals do not have glutamate-gated chloride channels, the macrocyclic lactones have a low affinity for other mammalian ligand-gated chloride channels and they do not readily cross the blood-brain barrier.
Prices of Ivermectin Cattle Wormer
$40.95 – $189.95