Ivermectin Plus (ivermectin and clorsulon) is indicated for the treatment and control of gastrointestinal roundworms (including inhibited Ostertagia ostertagi larvae), lungworms, adult liver flukes, grubs (note insert precautions), sucking lice, and mange mites (cattle scab [note insert indications]). See package insert for complete indications and use directions.
IVOMEC Plus is a ready-to-use sterile solution containing 1% w/v ivermectin, 10% clorsulon, 40% glycerol formal, and propylene glycol, q.s. ad 100%. It is formulated to deliver the recommended dose level of 200 mcg ivermectin/kg and 2 mg clorsulon/kg given subcutaneously behind the shoulder at the rate of 1 mL per 110 lb (50 kg) body weight.
Uses/benefits of Ivermectin Plus For Cattle
• Broad Spectrum: combines ivermectin for internal and external parasite control and clorsulon, which effectively controls adult liver flukes in beef and dairy cattle
• Convenient: single, small volume dose required
• Effective: causes paralysis and death of parasites and helps prevent reinfection
• Package safety: rigid plastic vials provide for a firm grip and prevent breakage, individual vial cartons protect vial contents from sunlight
• Economical: inexpensive on a cost per dose basis
• Safe: approved by FDAThe dosage level of clorsulon supplied by Ivermectin Plus is effective only against adult liver flukes (Fasciola hepatica).
IVOMEC Plus should be given only by subcutaneous injection at a dose volume of 1 mL per 110 lb (50 kg) body weight. This volume will deliver 10 mg ivermectin and 100 mg clorsulon. For example:
|Body Weight (lb)||Dose (mL)|
IVOMEC Plus (ivermectin and clorsulon) Injection is to be given subcutaneously only. Animals should be appropriately restrained to achieve the proper route of administration. Use of a 16-gauge, 1/2” to 3/4” sterile needle is recommended. Inject the solution subcutaneously (under the skin) behind the shoulder (see illustration). Any single-dose syringe or standard automatic syringe equipment may be used with the 50 mL pack size. When using the 200 mL, 500 mL or 1000 mL pack size, use only automatic syringe equipment.
Use sterile equipment and sanitize the injection site by applying a suitable disinfectant. Clean, properly disinfected needles should be used to reduce the potential for injection site infections. No special handling or protective clothing is necessary. The viscosity of the product increases in cool temperatures. Administering IVOMEC® Plus at temperatures of 5°C (41°F) or below may be difficult. Users can make dosing easier by warming both the product and injection equipment to about 15°C (59°F).
Prices of Ivermectin Plus For Cattle
$45.02 – $286.95