BIO-VAC LA SOTA is prepared using the attenuated La Sota strain of the Newcastle disease virus, cultured on embryonated SPF eggs, freeze-dried and vacuum-sealed. The La Sota strain, while belonging to the lentogenic virus group, has an immunizing power which is higher than that of Asplin’s “F” strain and Hitchner’s “B1” strain, with regard to both antibody response and immunity duration.
At the same time, it is completely safe. Immunity begins 10-15 days after the vaccination. A few days after the administration of the virus, however, animals are partially protected against the disease on account of the phenomenon of interference.
Features of Lasota Vaccine For Broilers
LaSota is a viral strain of Newcastle Disease Virus that is commonly used as a vaccination regimen in poultry production.
- This product is a small dose vial that comes in two variations: 100-dose and 200-dose
- This product is only for veterinary use and must be used in accordance with all protocols outlined.
- All vaccine orders must be certified by a veterinarian and shall be handled only by qualified personnel.
- We have Izovac and Biovac brands, kindly place an order indicating your brand preference.
- Store this vaccine at 35-45°F (2-7°C). Do not freeze.
- Make a purchase today.
The vaccine contains the LaSota strain of Newcastle disease virus. The virus has been propagated in fertile eggs from specific pathogen free flocks. The immunizing capability of the vaccine has been proven by the master seed immunogenicity test. The vaccine offers proven immunity with mild reactions.
Contains streptomycin and penicillin as bacteriostatic agents.
Contains fungizone as a fungistatic agent.
Notice: The vaccine has undergone rigid potency, safety, and purity tests and meets Merial Select, Inc., and USDA requirements.
Newcastle Disease Vaccine (LaSota Strain) Indications
The vaccine is recommended for administration to healthy chickens as an aid in the prevention of Newcastle disease.
The vaccine is recommended for the vaccination of healthy chickens 14 days of age or older by drinking water administration or by aerosol spray. Spray vaccination is recommended for revaccination only. Revaccination is recommended at four weeks and 16 weeks of age.
Newcastle Disease Vaccine (LaSota Strain) Dosage And Administration
Directions for Drinking Water Vaccination:
1. Do not open and mix the vaccine until ready to vaccinate.
2. Remove all medication, sanitizers and disinfectants from the drinking water 72 hours prior to vaccination.
3. Provide sufficient waterers so that all of the birds can drink at one time. Clean and rinse the waterers thoroughly.
4. Withhold all water from the birds for two (2) to four (4) hours prior to vaccination to stimulate thirst.
5. Add nonfat dry milk to the water at the rate of one (1) ounce per gallon before mixing the vaccine.
6. Remove the aluminum seal and rubber stopper from a vaccine vial.
7. Fill the vaccine vial two-thirds (2/3) full with clean, cool water and mix gently.
8. Mix the dissolved vaccine with water as shown below:
|Age of birds
|Water per 1,000 doses vaccine
|2.5 gallons (9.9 L)
|5 gallons (18.9 L)
|8 weeks or older
|10 gallons (37.9 L)
9. Distribute the vaccine solution among the waterers. Avoid direct sunlight.
10. Do not provide any other drinking water until all of the vaccine mixture has been consumed.
BIO-VAC LA SOTA can be used with animals of any age, after having verified their good general conditions of health. For broilers, it is advisable to perform a previous vaccination at 4-8 days and a second one (booster dose) 3 weeks after the first administration.
In case of need (nearby sources of infection or in epizootic periods) the first vaccination is advisable within the first 3 days of life.
In the case of layers, besides the two vaccinations at the same age indicated for broilers, a third vaccination is necessary, before the beginning of the laying period, i.e. between the 15th and the 20th week, then at an interval of about 4 months.
- If possible, vaccinate all susceptible birds on the premises at the same time.
- For 10 to 14 days after vaccinating, avoid carrying vaccine particles on shoes, clothing, etc., into areas where there are unvaccinated birds.
- Use entire contents of vial when first opened.
- Burn vaccine containers and all unused contents
Prices of Lasota Vaccine For Broilers
$7.00 – 24.99