Prohibit drench is a broad spectrum anthelmintic to aid in the control of stomach, intestinal and lungworms in cattle and sheep. With broad coverage and short withdrawal time, it is a cost-effective and well-targeted oral sheep and cattle dewormer. Each packet of levamisole powder contains 46.8g of levamisole hydrochloride activity. Effective against the following nematode infections: In sheep: Stomach worms (Haemonchus contortus, Trichostrongylus axei, Teladorasagia circumcincta), Intestinal worms (Trichostrongylus colubriformis, Cooperia curticei, Nematodirus spathiger, Bunostomum trigonocephalum, Oesophagostomum columbianum, Chabertia ovina), Lungworms (dictyocaulus filaria).
In cattle: Stomach Worms (haemonchus placei, Trihostrongylus axei, Ostertagia ostertagi), Intestinal worms (Trichostrongylus longispicularis, cooperia oncophora, Cooperia punctata, Nematodirus spathiger, Bunostromum phlebotomum, Oesophagostomum radiatum), Lungworms: (dictyocaulus viviparus). Mix the 52 gm packet in 8.75 oz. of water to worm 26 head of 500 lb. calves (2 mL per 100 lbs.); mix the 52 gm packet in 17.5 oz. of water to worm 100 head of 120 lb. sheep (2 mL per 50 lbs.).
Features of Levamisole Drench For Sheep
- Effective against levamisole-sensitiveroundwormsand lungworms listed below:
- Barber’s pole worm (Haemonchus contortus), small brown stomach worm (Teladorsagia=Ostertagiaspp), black scour worm (Trichostrongylusspp), small intestinal worm (Cooperiaspp), thin necked intestinal worm (Nematodirusspp), intestinal threadworm (Strongyloides papillosus), hookworm (Bunostomumtrigonocephalum), nodule worm (Oesophagostomumcolumbianum), large bowel worm (Oesophagostomumvenulosum), large mouthed bowel worm (Chabertia ovina), large lungworm (Dictyocaulusfilaria).
- WSD Levamisole Oral Drench is a broad-spectrum treatment that is highly effective against mature and immature worms of susceptible strains of sheep parasites.
- It is highly effective against and can be used to treat infestations by barbers pole worm (Haemonchus contortus) and thin-necked intestinal worm (Nematodirus spp).
- The use of WSD Levamisole may be indicated in strategic programs to reduce contamination of pastures when testing has shown it to be effective against other local worm parasites. It is advisable to test efficacy before relying on levamisole as a strategic treatment.
- Adult worms of resistant strains of gastrointestinal worm parasites of sheep may not be removed by treatment and this may require the later use of an effective strategic treatment from the WSD range of drenches.
- Levamisole is not effective against tapeworms.
- Resistance to levamisole is widespread among some species of gastrointestinal parasites on Australian sheep farms.
- The repeated use of any drench is likely to result in the emergence of resistance and therefore, regular testing for efficacy is recommended.
Levamisole Oral Drench For Sheep And Cattle is effective against sensitive strains of the following internal parasites:
Uses/benefits of Levamisole Drench For Sheep
- Haemonchus contortus– Barber’s pole worm
- Trichostrongylus axei– Stomach hair worm
- Ostertagia spp*– Small brown stomach worm
- Trichostrongylus spp*– Black scour worm
- Cooperia spp– Small intestinal worm
- Nematodirus spp– Thin necked intestinal worm
- Strongyloides papillosus– Intestinal threadworm
- Bunostomum spp– Hookworm
- Oesophagostomum columbianum– Nodule worm
- Oesophagostomum venulosum – Large bowel worm
- Chabertia ovina– Large mouthed bowel worm
- Dictyocaulus filaria– Large lungworm
Dosage for Levamisole Drench For Sheep
* Country-specific differences may apply:read the product label.
- Sheep:2.5 mL product/10 kg bw (equivalent to 8 mg of levamisole/kg).
- Cattle:10 mL product/40 kg bw (equivalent to 8 mg of levamisole/kg).
|Bodyweight (kg)||Dose Volume (mL)||Bodyweight (kg)||Dose Volume (ml)|
|up to 10||2.5||Up to 40||10|
|>80||2.5 mL/10 kg||>600||10 mL/40 kg|
Prices of Levamisole Drench For Sheep
$22.95 – $204.95