Ear tag for large livestock encourages the ability to manage livestock which has often been limited by identification methods. Although the use of blank ear tags and marking pens offer maximum flexibility in numbering cattle, ink fades over time and makes it hard to read tags in the pasture/field. Thus, laser engraved pre-numbered tags ensure long-term readability and offer ease of identification of inked numbers. Ear tags provide a visual aid for unique identification (such as a flock or premise number) and can help to identify sex, year of birth, sire, dam and much more. If you use tags in your breeding flock, it’s wise to install a tag in both ears when they are baby lambs. Why? Because tag wounds in lambs heal quickly with less infection risk than tag wounds in adult animals and thus provides a pre-existing, clean, firm hole when a larger tag needs to be installed.
Cylence Ultra insecticide cattle ear tags are synergized pyrethroid tags that contain 8% beta-cyfluthrin and 20% piperonyl butoxide. Approved for use on beef cattle and dairy cattle, including lactating dairy cows. Use 2 tags per cow for effective control of face flies and pyrethroid susceptible horn flies for up to 5 months, and to aid in the control of Gulf Coast ticks and spinose ear ticks. Use 1 tag per calf. Apply Cylence Ultra insecticide tags with the Allflex Universal Total Tagger. Ear damage may result if used in calves less than 3 months of age. 14 gm.
Ear tags are indicated for the following:
- To enable farmers to have visual identification of livestock (thus helps monitor their movement, health, and reproduction).
- To help control breeding, epidemics, quarantine etc.
- For ease of record keeping (field information) and management of livestock.
Uses/benefits of Livestock Ear Tags:
- Animal identification and record keeping help farmers to make the right decision on culling poorly performing animals in a herd.
- In the long run, an animal’s history can be tracked, good and bad performers can be identified and the information managed to ensure profit maximization.
- A farmer can further consolidate animal data output through the adoption of a specific farm management software.
- Effective systems need both tracking of animals down the food chain from producer to slaughter or to retail, and tracing, which is the ability to follow a meat product up the supply chain by means of the records which have been kept at each stage of the chain.
- Traceability, transparency and quality assurance are the bases for livestock product assurance and accreditation schemes. Traceability relies on efficient livestock identification and movement recording.
- Identification of farmed livestock is a legal requirement in many countries and the movements of cattle, sheep, goats and pigs must be recorded both on farm and centrally.
Features of Livestock Ear Tags:
- Funciton: ear tag make it more easy to manage the livestock’s information, including bloodlines, birth dates, vaccinations and other animal information
- Animal earing’s overall is TPU materials, no need to worry it will harm to animals
- Printing: laser print default serial number or customizer number, no easy to fade
- High quality material can hardy antifreeze heat. Durable, not easy to damage
- Ideal for the information management of small animal such as calves, pigs, cow, sheep etc. Ear tag applicator makes ear tag placement easier, save labor
|Material||Stainless Steel , tpu|
|Number of Items||100|
Prices of Livestock Ear Tags:
$31.87 – $55.84