Muskmelon (Cucumis melo) belongs to the family of Cucurbits. In common usage, it comes under the category of fruits but in cultivation practices, it is treated as vegetable. The plant requires 6 to 8 hours of daily sunlight in order to produce fully formed melons. Muskmelon seed kernels are edible and nutritious, since they are rich in oils and energy.
Caring of Muskmelon Seeds
- Muskmelon plants require full sunlight.
- A good source of irrigation is essential. If grown on a large scale, a drip irrigation system is recommended.
- Muskmelon is cultivated on raised beds and water is allowed in the furrows so that water does not touch the collar of the plant. Otherwise stem rot may take place.
- Because muskmelon fruits are large, the vine is not grown on a trellis; it is rather allowed to trail on raised beds.
- Add good quality organic manure in the soil with 2:1 ratio before sowing seeds. Organic manure can be well rotten cow dung manure, farmyard manure, Compost or Vermicompost.
- Always look for the early signs of any insect/fungal/ any other infections. Spay appropriate medicines as soon as any symptoms of such diseases are spotted. Watch out for Powdery Mildew when plants are young.
- Muskmelon plants have separate Male & female flowers on the same plant. Fruits will be formed on female flowers after pollination.
- Hand pollination of flowers: Take ‘pollens’ from male flowers on painting brush or cotton bud & dust them on ‘stigma’ of female flowers. This will increase the chances of getting more melons. This step is not mandatory.
- On an average, the fruits ripen 3 months after sowing.
- Frequency of irrigation should be reduced during the fruit maturity period to get sweeter melons.
Sowing of Muskmelon Seeds
- Best time to sow Muskmelon Seeds is from November to march.
- Muskmelon is grown on the ground, open farmland or yard gardens. Seeds are sown directly on outdoor raised beds.
- Fertile, well-drained, sandy soil with plenty of organic manures is needed.
- Sow two to three seeds per spot in a spacing of 3 x 3 ft.
- Push the seeds a little in soil with your fingers & completely cover them with surrounding soil.
- Water the sown seed bed immediately by a light shower with a watering can.
- Seeds will germinate within the first 6-8 days or so & tiny sprouts will be visible.
- Second week onwards, seedlings will start growing into a small plants
- Three weeks after germination, only single, healthy seedlings are allowed to grow at one spot & other slow growing seedlings are thinned out.
Features of Muskmelon Seeds
A vigorous plant habit, cantaloupe segment hybrid, A very high. yielding variety.
Maturity days are 55-65 days after sowing.
Dense netting round to oval shape.
Orange flesh 1.25-1.5 kg weight.
12-14 % sugar content, excellent variety for long ditstance. transportation.
A very popolur hybrids in northern and southern India.
Uses/benefits of Muskmelon Seeds
Muskmelon Seeds benefits for Weight Loss, It has special fiber in it helps in losing the weight.
Musk melon seed having numerous benefits for skin. Melon seeds contain phytonutrients, folates, potassium, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Folic Acid etc. Vitamin K, E and B are keeps the skin hydrated and rejuvenates the past glow. This assistance in keeping up the disagreeable dry skin issues, in evacuating dark spots, flaws, and scars.
Muskmelon seeds contain high protein. It’s Help to grow hair and nails.
Musk melon seed Reduces Risk of Kidney Diseases.
Apply the paste of musk melon seeds to the fore head for some time and get relief from the tension.
|Organic, No Artificial Colors, No Preservatives
|Store in a cool and dry place in a air tight container.
|Item Package Quantity
|Sona Fruit Traders
|Item part number
|27.8 x 19.5 x 8.5 cm; 1 Kilograms
Prices of Muskmelon Seeds