Paraquat Herbicide (1Litre) is broad-spectrum control of broad-leaved weeds and grasses in fruit orchards (including citrus), plantation crops (bananas, coffee, cocoa palms, coconut palms, oil palms, rubber, etc.), vines, olives, tea, alfalfa, onions, leeks, sugar beet, asparagus, ornamental trees and shrubs, in forestry,etc. Also used for general weed control on non-crop land; as a defoliant for cotton and hops; for destruction of potato haulms; as a desiccant for pineapples, sugar cane, soya beans, and sunflowers;for strawberry runner control; in pasture renovation; and for control of aquatic weeds, for control of annual weeds, applied at 0.4-1.0 kg/ha.
Paraquat dichloride, commonly referred to as “paraquat,” is one of the most widely used herbicides in the United States. Since paraquat’s first registration, EPA has reviewed and reassessed its safety and uses, including undergoing registration review, a program that re-evaluates each registered pesticide on a 15-year cycle.
In July 2021, after receiving and considering public comments on the paraquat proposed interim decision, EPA released the interim decision for registration review. As part of this action, EPA is requiring mitigation measures to reduce risks associated with paraquat in order to protect human health and the environment.
- Formulation: Paraquat dichloride 27.6% Soluble Liquid (276g/l)
- Crop: Orchard, mulberry garden, non-cultivated land, field ridge, roadside weed, corn, sugar cane, soybean, nursery
Advantages Of Paraquat Herbicide (1Litre):
- It kills a wide range of annual grasses and broad-leaved weeds and the tips of established perennial weeds.
- It is very fast-acting.
- It is rain-fast within minutes of application.
- It is partially inactivated upon contact with soil.
How It Works
- The extent of poisoning caused by paraquat depends on the amount, route, and duration of exposure and the person’s health condition at the time of the exposure.
- it causes direct damage when it comes into contact with the lining of the mouth, stomach, or intestines.
- After paraquat enters the body, it is distributed to all areas of the body. it causes toxic chemical reactions to occur throughout many parts of the body, primarily the lungs, liver, and kidneys.
Paraquat should be administered by people who are professionals/licensed applicators.
- Apply using a knapsack or boom sprayer.
- Apply as 160ml in 16 litres/200 – 300L of water per hectare.
- For aerial spraying, apply in 50 liters of water per hectare.
- Half fill the spray tank before adding the required amount of Paraquat, then completely fill the tank to the capacity required.
- Highest levels of long-term weed control.
- Greater consistency in a wider range of weather conditions.
- Less packaging, handling, and waste than other herbicide formulations.
- Symptoms develop more quickly allowing cultivation intervals to be reduced.
Using Paraquat Dichloride Products Safely
If you, your child or anyone else comes in contact with paraquat, seek medical assistance immediately. Ingestion of paraquat can be fatal, and dermal or eye contact can have serious lasting effects.
To prevent severe injury and/or death from paraquat ingestion, all paraquat products must:
- Be used only by a certified applicator. Unlike most other restricted-use products, paraquat may not be used by persons working under the supervision of a certified applicator.
- Never be transferred to a food, drink or any other container. New packaging requirements will help to prevent this from occurring.
- Always be kept secured to prevent access by children and/or other unauthorized persons.
- Never be stored in or around residential dwellings.
- Never be used around home gardens, schools, recreational parks, golf courses or playgrounds.
To prevent severe injury and/or death from skin or eye exposure to paraquat:
- Follow label instructions.
- Use the required personal protective equipment specified on the product label.
Prices of Paraquat Herbicide
$ 20.99-$ 199 .00