Poultry Processing Equipment Chicken Plucker takes the hassle out of back-yard chicken processing. Fully defeathering a bird in 15 seconds or less, the Yardbird Plucker revolutionizes what is typically the most painstaking and messy chore of processing a chicken which can take up to 30 minutes per bird if plucked by hand. With a high performance 1.5 horsepower motor the Yardbird spins a 20” stainless steel drum at 300 RPMs to quickly remove feathers and debris from a properly scalded bird. The 110 natural rubber fingers ensure that feathers are removed without damaging the meat or tearing the skin. Unlike many competitive units, the Yardbird has an integrated irrigation ring that fits up to a garden hose to flush plucked feathers out the shoot and into a collection bucket.
Poultry processing is the term used by the poultry industry to describe the conversion of live poultry into raw poultry products fit for human consumption.
- POWERFUL AND EFFICIENT PROCESSING: With a heavy duty 1.5 HP motor and 300 RPMs of spinning force, Yardbird can de-feather chickens, ducks, geese, hens, waterfowl and other birds in just 15-30 seconds following an appropriate scalding process. A roomy 20” diameter drum easily accommodates many sizes of birds.
- NATURAL AND SAFE DEFEATHERING: 110 individual rubber fingers naturally and gently remove feathers dirt and grime from the skin of the bird. A drum-sensing safety switch and GFCI ensure that the operator is safe and secure during processing.
- SIMPLE DEBRIS COLLECTION: An integrated irrigation ring with standard garden hose connector allows for hands-free flushing of plucked feathers into the feather chute. Feather collection is accomplished by simply placing a 5-gallon pail under the chute.
- EASY TO CLEAN & MAINTAIN: A removable stainless steel, food-grade, drum along with a gear-drive commercial-grade motor encased in a specialized waterproof motor housing make for easy cleaning and minimal maintenance.
- TRANSPORT AND STORAGE FRIENDLY: The compact size of the Yardbird allows for efficient storage while the solid rubber wheels with ball-bearings give the user the transportability and flexibility needed to get to and from the processing site.
|Product Dimensions||26.7 x 30.6 x 36 inches|
|Item Weight||83 pounds|
|Item model number||21833|
|Customer Reviews||4.5 out of 5 stars993 ratings|
4.5 out of 5 stars
|Best Sellers Rank||#23,263 in Patio, Lawn & Garden|
#14 in Poultry Feeding Equipment
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
$189.00 – $100,000.00