Only non-steroidal anti-inflammatory cattle product available with a convenient pour-on route of administration. Uniquely designed to control pain and fever quickly. Studies show that a single dose is absorbed into the bloodstream within minutes and has long duration of activity at the site of inflammation, giving cattle the best opportunity to be healthy and productive. Pre-calibrated packaging helps ensure the right dose every time. Unique bottle design allows for proper application along animal’s back. Red-colored solution makes it simple to accurately and quickly measure the dose volume for each animal. Patented delivery eliminates the need for IV administration; less labor and supplies than with injectable administration = decreased cost per treatment. Transdermal application requires less handling resulting in less stress on animals plus no risk of injection site lesions. 8 day slaughter withdrawal.
For topical use only in beef and dairy cattle. Do not use within 48 hours of expected parturition. Not for use in female dairy cattle 20 months of age or older, including dry dairy cows. Not for use in suckling beef calves, dairy calves and veal calves. Not for use in dairy or beef bulls for breeding because reproductive safety has not been established. Each milliliter of Banamine Transdermal pour-on contains 50 mg flunixin (equivalent to 83 mg flunixin meglumine), 150 mg pyrrolidone, 50 mg L-menthol, 500 mg propylene glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate NF, 0.20 mg FD&C Red No. 40, and glycerol monocaprylate NF qs. Pain and fever can cause cattle to go off feed. But now, easy-to-use Banamine Transdermal® (flunixin transdermal solution) helps get ‘em back where they belong. FDA-approved to control pain due to foot rot and fever due to BRD, Banamine Transdermal is the only non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) cattle product available with a convenient pour-on route of administration.
Banamine Transdermal pour-on is indicated for the control of fever associated with bovine respiratory disease and the control of pain associated with foot rot in beef cattle, and in dairy heifers less than 20 months of age. Each ml of Banamine Transdermal pour-on contains 50 mg flunixin. Apply one dose of 3 ml per 100 lbs. topically in a narrow strip along the back from the withers to the tailhead. Do not treat cattle if the hide is wet or may get wet within 6 hours. Not for use in beef bulls intended for breeding; dairy bulls; female dairy cattle 20 months of age or older, including dry dairy cows; and suckling beef calves, dairy calves, and veal calves. Flunixin transdermal solution.
Banamine Transdermal Indications
Banamine Transdermal pour-on is indicated for the control of pyrexia associated with bovine respiratory disease and the control of pain associated with foot rot in steers, beef heifers, beef cows, beef bulls intended for slaughter, and replacement dairy heifers under 20 months of age.
Dosage and Administration
Apply only once at a dose of 3.3 mg flunixin per kg body weight (1.5 mg/lb; 3 mL per 100 lbs) topically in a narrow strip along the dorsal midline from the withers to the tailhead. Round all doses up to the nearest weight increment on the dosing chamber. Do not treat cattle if the hide is wet or may get wet in the six hours after dosing because effectiveness has not been evaluated under wet hide conditions. Practice the Administration and Overfill Reduction Instructions a few times to become familiar with operating the package before dosing animals.
Features of Pour On Banamine For Cattle
- FDA approved pour on for pain control.
- Easy to dose.
- Store at or below 30°C (86°F).
- Use within 6 months of first opening.
● Treated cattle must not be slaughtered for use in food for at least 13 days after the latest treatment with this drug.
● Do not use in lactating dairy cattle.
● Do not use in veal calves. The withdrawal period has not been established in pre-ruminating calves.
● Non-Steroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs) may cause hypersensitivity (allergy). People with known hypersensitivity to NSAIDs should avoid contact with the product.
● The product has been shown to cause skin irritation and severe and irreversible eye damage. Ingestion of the product may be harmful.
● Avoid contact with eyes and skin, including hand-to-eye contact. Do not ingest product.
● Do not smoke, eat or drink while handling the product. Wash hands after use.
● Personal protective equipment consisting of impermeable gloves, protective clothing and safety glasses should be worn when using this product.
Prices of Pour On Banamine For Cattle
$37.99 – $86.95