In 2020, the global sesame seed market increased by X% to $X, rising for the third year in a row after three years of decline. Over the period under review, consumption posted a resilient increase. The pace of growth appeared the most rapid in 2008 when the market value increased by X% y-o-y. Global consumption peaked at $X in 2014; however, from 2015 to 2020, consumption remained at a lower figure.
In value terms, sesame seed production dropped modestly to $X in 2020 estimated in export prices. Overall, production recorded resilient growth. The pace of growth was the most pronounced in 2008 with an increase of X% against the previous year. Over the period under review, global production reached the maximum level at $X in 2014; however, from 2015 to 2020, production failed to regain the momentum.
The country with the largest volume of sesame seed production was Sudan (X tonnes), accounting for X% of total volume. Moreover, sesame seed production in Sudan exceeded the figures recorded by the second-largest producer, Tanzania (X tonnes), twofold. The third position in this ranking was occupied by Myanmar (X tonnes), with a X% share. From 2007 to 2020, the average annual growth rate of volume in Sudan totaled +X%. In the other countries, the average annual rates were as follows: Tanzania (+X% per year) and Myanmar (+X% per year).
Features of Sesame Seed
- 100% CERTIFIED ORGANIC – Our organic hulled sesame seeds are grown with an eco-friendly non toxic farming methods free from pesticides and harmful chemical additives. That means you and your family can safely enjoy this delicious natural snack guilt free anytime you want. Our Indian hulled sesame seeds are great toppings on both desserts and savory dishes.
- ALREADY HULLED & EASY TO USE – Because we remove the non-digestible hulls, each individual seed is ready to be enjoyed as is. No extra prep work needed. It also means your body can more readily absorb the nutrients, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals found naturally in sesame seeds. Hulled sesame seeds are also a fantastic source of plant-based protein perfect for vegans and vegetarians.
- RICH IN FIBER – Our bulk sesame seeds are packed with dietary fiber, helping to regulate proper digestion. Good digestion is essential to a healthy body, and people have been enjoying sesame seeds’ delicious benefits for millennia.
- PERFECT FOR COOKING – These little white seeds are perhaps the most versatile ingredient in all of cooking. You can use them to top buns, sushi, or toast them and grind them to make delicious organic toasted tahini or roasted hummus. You can mix them in with tons of dishes, sauces or make a healthy sesame seed butter or paste for cooking.
- UNRIVALED SOURCING QUALITY – At SincerelyNuts we are committed to the highest quality natural ingredient sourcing and production processes. Our Hulled Organic Sesame Seeds are sourced from their original birthplace, India – the original cultivator and producer of these delicious super seeds.
|Amount per serving
|% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 0.00000g
|Total Carbohydrate 0.00000g
Prices of Sesame Seed
$1.98 – $15.99