Passing a stomach tube is the best treatment for gassy bloat. Once the gas has been released, the cause of the obstruction should be looked for. In a few cases a trochar and cannula punched through the side into the rumen will relieve gassy bloat when a stomach tube has not worked. Stomach Tube/Bloat Hose 10 Foot 3/4″ OD x 1/2″ ID : To aid in the administration of medication or to exude liquid or gas from an animal’s stomach / rumen. The animal should be well restrained or sedated before attempting to utilize the tubing which will probably be attached to an injection pump. Pass the tubing through the throat speculum until it is in the stomach / rumen area. A pungent odor will be emitted from the stomach / rumen and a rumbling or gurgling sound will be present if it is inserted properly. If the tubing is in the lungs you will feel the air flow at the exposed end of the tubing. If the procedure is performed intranasally the preceding description should be applied. See the injection pump application for more detailed operation and procedures.
- Passing a stomach tube is the best treatment for gassy bloat. Once the gas has been released, the cause of the obstruction should be looked for.
- In a few cases a trochar and cannula punched through the side into the rumen will relieve gassy bloat when a stomach tube has not worked. But such cases are rare, and as the trochar provides a tremendous opportunity for introduction of infection, it should only be used as a last resort.
- For frothy bloat, antifoaming agents that disperse the foam should be given by stomach tube. Old-fashioned remedies such as linseed oil and turpentine are effective but newer treatments such as dimethicone or polaxolene are easier to give as the effective dose is much smaller.
- If an outbreak of frothy bloat occurs all cattle on that pasture should be removed immediately and put onto a high fibre diet (hay or straw), and any cows showing bloating signs treated with an anti-foaming agent. The pasture should not be grazed for at least ten days
- Stomach Pump 15.5″ For Professional Use Veterinary
- Made Using High Quality Stainless Steel Material
- Pump Has Pull and Push Feature
- Has A Robust Handle With Polished Finished
- Professional Veterinary Use
|Item Weight||5.78 pounds|
|Package Dimensions||13.43 x 11.26 x 5.31 inches|
$29.99 – $59.99