Tenacity Herbicide is a systemic pre-emergence and post-emergence herbicide for the selective contact and residual control of weeds in turfgrasses. When applied as a pre-emergent, weeds absorb Tenacity during emergence from the soil. Dry conditions following application may reduce the pre-emergence activity. If rainfall (0.15 inches) has not occurred within 10 days after a pre-emergence application, activate with 0.15 inches of irrigation. When used as a post-emergent, Tenacity weed killer is absorbed by susceptible weeds through foliar contact and soil absorption. Foliage of treated weeds cease growth after application, then turn white (loss of chlorophyll) and death may take up to three weeks. A repeat application is required after two to three weeks for improved post-emergence weed control. A non-ionic surfactant should be added in post-emergence applications.
Manufactured by Syngenta, Tenacity is one of the safest and most effective weedkillers on the market. It targets and effectively kills weeds like crabgrass, nutsedge, dandelions, clover, and others, either before they sprout (pre-emergent control) or after you notice patches of weeds on your lawn (post-emergent).
Features of Tenacity Weed Killer
- Tenacity is a systemic pre-emergence and post-emergence herbicide for the selective contact and residual control of weeds in turfgrasses.
- When applied as a pre-emergent, weeds absorb Tenacity during emergence from the soil.
- Target pests: Barnyardgrass, Carpetweed, Chickweed, Clover, Crabgrass (large & smooth), Dandelion, Foxtail, Goosegrass, Henbit, Yellow Nutsedge, Purslane, Thistle, Wild Carrot and others
- Active Ingredient: Mesotrione 40%
- Date printed on bottle is Manufacture Date, not expiration. Shelf Life: 5-8 years from date of manufacture when properly stored. Keep out of direct sunlight and extreme temperatures
Uses/benefits of Tenacity Weed Killer
Tenacity herbicide can be used for pre- and post-emergence control of more than 46 broadleaf weed and grass species. Its active ingredient, mesotrione, is based on a naturally occurring compound produced by the bottlebrush plant (Callistemon citrinus) that inhibits photosynthesis in susceptible plant species. It is absorbed by plants through the roots, shoots and leaves and distributed throughout the plant by both xylem and phloem translocation.
|Product Dimensions||2 x 2.5 x 4.5 inches|
|Item Weight||8 ounces|
|Item model number||ASINPPOSPRME75447|
|Customer Reviews||4.5 out of 5 stars 6,158 ratings|
4.5 out of 5 stars
|Best Sellers Rank||#945 in Patio, Lawn & Garden|
#12 in Weed Killers
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
Prices of Tenacity Weed Killer
$69.85 – $107.81