To control and eradicate animal diseases, epidemiologists must be able to trace the movement of animals. This goal can be realized only if the animals are properly identified and the individual and the herd, flock, or group identification are recorded. Requirements for official identification of livestock are defined in title 9 of the Code of Federal Regulations (9 CFR). As of this writing, USDA is developing a proposed rule for the traceability of livestock moving interstate. This proposed rule is targeted for publication the spring of 2011 with the final rule published 12 to 18 months later. This rule will provide specific requirements for the official identification of livestock moved interstate.
As an accredited veterinarian, you are legally responsible for properly identifying animals and recording the identification on certain official documents, such as CVIs, test charts, and vaccination charts. It is essential that another individual be able to positively identify animals that you have listed on official documents. When documents require animal identification, record all forms of identification associated with the animal. Acceptable means of identifying different species of animals are defined below. Official eartags are used for several species. The design, size, shape, color, and other characteristics of the official eartag will depend on the needs of the users, subject to the approval of the Administrator. The official eartag must be tamper-resistant and have a high retention rate in the animal.
Uses/benefits of Usda Cattle Ear Tags:
- Anti-collision design, work in dense reader environment;
- Eco-friendly material, soft and durable, no toxic, odorless, non-irritating, non-polluting, anti-acid, salt water; resistant, no harm to livestock;
- High temperature resistant, lower temperature resistant, no aging, no fracture;
- Large flag makes for easier visibility;
Features of Usda Cattle Ear Tags:
- PACKAGE INCLUDE: You will get 001-100 Number orange cattle ear tags, 1 piece ear tag removal pliers and 1 piece ear tag pliers .
- DURABLE EAR TAGS: These cattle ear tags are made of quality plastic, fade resistant and weather resistant, durable and long lasting.
- EAR TAG APPLICATOR: Made of quality aluminum alloy, and the pins are made of stainless steel, which make the pliers sturdy and durable to use. Automatic safety lock design allows for pliers staying securely locked until released with just a touch of the handles.
- EAR TAG REMOVAL PLIERS: This ear tag remover is made from stainless steel cutter, rubber non-slip handle, Easy to cut the ear tags.
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL: Ear tags make you more easy to manage your livestock’s information, it’s also help you to track your animal, suitable for cattle, horse, pigs, goats, hogs, sheep, big animal.
|R/W Standard||ISO11784/5 FDX-B|
|Operation Temperature||-30°C to 50°C|
|Color||Colorful (Yellow, Red, Green, Pink, Colors are customizable)|
|Anticollision Standard||IEC 68-2-27|
|Vibrating Standard||IEC 68-2-6|
|Packing Manner||exquisite packaging|
|International Certification||International Committee For Animal Recording (ICAR)|
Prices of Usda Cattle Ear Tags:
$20.43 – $36.55