Azoxystrobin is a new fungicide with a novel biochemical mode of action. Its synthesis was inspired by a group of natural products, the strobilurins, which are produced by several species of Basidiomycete fungi, which grow on decaying wood. The structures of azoxystrobin, Strobilurin A and the closely related Oudemansin A, The natural products and azoxystrobin share a common structural feature, namely the methyl ester of β-methoxyacrylic acid.
Fungi can be a devastating development. When found on residential lawns, it is an embarrassing and ugly sight to see. On agricultural lands, fungi can ruin crops and hurt the economy. For these reasons, fungicides were developed to deal with fungus issues. One such fungicide active ingredient which works exceptionally well is Azoxystrobin.
Azoxystrobin is a systemic fungicide used for the protection of plants and crops from harmful fungal diseases. Azoxystrobin is part of a class of chemicals known as ß-methoxyacrylates, which are derived from the naturally-occurring compounds and are used mostly in agricultural settings. At this time, Azoxystrobin is the only fungicide with the ability to offer protection against the four major types of plant fungi. Azoxystrobin was first discovered in the midst of research being conducted on fungal mushrooms commonly found in the forests of Europe. These small mushrooms fascinated scientists due to their strong ability to defend themselves.
It was found that the defense mechanism of the mushrooms were based on the secretion of two substances, strobilurin A and oudemansin A. These substances gave the fungi the ability to keep their competitors at bay and kill them when in range. Observations of this mechanism led to research that resulted in the development of Azoxystrobin fungicide.
Features of Azoxystrobin Fungicide
- Broad Spectrum Control of Diseases, a Single solution for a number of diseases.
- Multifunctional Action-Can be used as Protective, Curative & Eradicative.
- Its translaminar & systemic movement inhibits new growth of fungus after spray.
- It is quickly absorbed by plants & rapidly enters in plant system & starts working.
- It gives longer duration control thus reduces the number of sprays for the farmer.
- Its dual site action is a perfect fit for resistance management.
Mode of Action
The mode of action of Azoxystrobin is by choking out fungi via interrupting the activity of the electron transport chain. As a result, this prevents fungal spores from germinating and halts the growth process of the fungus.
Benefits of Azoxystrobin
Azoxystrobin is a systemic fungicide and can be used for preventative and curative control of certain common fungal diseases. Once sprayed on a target area, it works through the plant roots and travels throughout the entire plant to suppress fungal growth. Most Azoxystrobin products can control diseases for up to 28 days or more.
Use Azoxystrobin fungicides when you want systemic treatment of a broad range of labeled fungal diseases.
- Do Not Leave Spray Mix In The Sprayer Overnight
- Maintain Agitation Until Spraying In Complete
- Add The Required Amount Of Amistar 250 SC
- Shake The Closed Amistar 250 SC Container
- Half Fill Spray Tank With Water & Start Agitation
|Packaging Size||5 L, 10 L|
|Technical Name||Azoxystrobin 25% SC|
|Crop||Wheat, Cabbage, Potato|
|Disease name||Brown Rust, Powdery Mildew, White Blister, Black Dot, Black Scruf|
Prices of Azoxystrobin Fungicide
$80.55 – $237.90