As an attempt to improve livestock performance at low cost, the use of natural medications have been discovered to be very effective at controlling unruly diseases and infections that tend to disrupt the healthy living of chickens; these are what reduce the profit of a poultry farm. There are several natural substances that have been scientifically proven to improve the health of livestock; one of such is the Apple cider vinegar.
There are several ways to reduce the cost of production of a poultry farm. One of the most prominent ways is to prevent the outbreak of diseases and infections. Treating a disease or infection is very expensive and may usurp the profit of the business; therefore, farmers must find all possible ways to prevent the outbreak of any disease.
The use of apple cider vinegar for chicken is a cheap and proven way of preventing disease outbreak in chicken farms; this substance is natural and non-toxic. It has several benefits when served to the chicken by adding a little quantity to their drinking water.
Apple Cider vinegar is a type of vinegar made from cider or apple; it has a pale to medium amber color. Apple Cider vinegar is one of the natural additives that prevent the outbreak of several poultry diseases and pests; it greatly boosts the chicken immune system. It is rich in the vitamins, minerals and trace elements found in apples, especially potassium. It will normalize pH levels in the stomach; improve digestion and the assimilation of nutrients in the chicken’s digestive tract.
What does apple cider vinegar do for chickens?
- Reduces intestinal and fecal odors.
- Aids in digestion.
- Breaks down minerals and fats.
- Assists the chicken to assimilate proteins.
- Assists the chicken to convert food better.
- It lowers the pH of the digestive tract which will make the environment less-favorable to pathogens; therefore, will reduce common infections and increases resistance to disease.
- Improves stamina and fertility.
- It is a great overall tonic that will improve the general well-being of the chicken.
- It aids early feathering.
- It enhances growth; as animals grow to their potential sooner when used with an adequate feed.
What is the dosage Apple cider vinegar in chicken water?
Like other poultry drugs, they usually have route of administration; that is how to administer the drug. Apple cider vinegar is commonly served to the chicken by adding a known quantity to their drinking water on a regular basis, say twice or three times a week.
Add 1/8 – 1/4 of a teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar to every 4 fl ozs of water, or 1/8-1/4 cup per gallon of water. Ensure you follow the dosage to make it economical for your enterprise.
The use of natural additives like apple cider vinegar will make poultry business more profitable; it is a preventive measure against intestinal pest and diseases that may threaten the growth and well-being of the chicken. It is cheap; you can get this product by placing your order here.
You may find these helpful:
- Raising Noiler Chicken Breed: Six Important Things You Should Know
- 7 Keys To Raising Chickens In Deep Litter System Successfully
Remember to share!