Urban Farm Academy (UFA) is the Nonprofit arm of Prudent Associates Agro-Industry, a Social Agritech Enterprise involved in beyond organic market farming and training to produce super foods (mushrooms, fruits, veggies mix etc) and organic farm TIPs (Technologies, Inputs and Produces) for end users’ urban dwellers.
UFA provides a platform for Empowering STEM Students, unemployed Youths & Women on Zero-Waste, Bio-intensive & Soil-less Agricultural Technologies to achieve SDGs 1-3, 9, 13&16 goals for Super foods’ security for urban dwellers. At UFA, participants learn, grow, eat and earn with urban farming and organic waste up-cycling technologies in a three-months’ cycle intensive on-the-farm training on a quarterly basis.
There will be three cohorts for the year 2019 with Cohort 01 scheduled to hold from January 28 – April 26, 2019, during which full time participants will learn at least ten urban farming skills. Participants who cannot afford to stay on the farm for three months have the opportunity to enroll in any of our short weekly courses.
Skills to Learn at UFA Cohort 01/19
What will you be learning at Urban Farm Academy?
1. Mushrooms Market Farming (Mycoculture).
2. Snails rearing- (Heliculture).
3. Worm culture and composting (Vermicomposting).
4. Fish and vegetables integrated market farming (Aquaponics ) .
5. Bio-Intensive Organic food production in bags and permanent raised beds (Bag Gardening and Market Gardening).
6. Nursery set up and management for food garden.
7. Rapid propagation / multiplication of seedlings.
8. Organic Seeds Production from non-organic seeds.
9. Hydroponics fodder production for livestock.
10. Micro-Greens Market Farming.
Registration for admission into the first cohort is open till February 4th, 2019. Registration fee is N30,000 at a rate of N3,000 per skill; it is completely subsidized for full time participants).
· Learn more about Urban Farm Academy
· Checkout our Training Catalogue for course details.
For more enquires, sponsorship, donation and collaboration, contact:
Sharing is caring, just hit the Share Button!